DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
POST 05/199: ADMIN CLERK: NPO (COMPLAINCE AND MONITORING) (14 POSTS)
SALARY: R152 862 per annum (level 5)
- (Ref DSD 76/01/2018) Buffalo City Metro: District Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 77/01/2018) Sarah Baartman: Grahamstown Local Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 78/01/2018) Humansdorp Local Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 79/01/2018) Graaf Reinet Local Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 80/01/2018) Humansdorp Area Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 81/01/2018) Joe Gqabi: Walter Sisulu Local Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 82/01/2018) Elundini Local Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 83/01/2018) Alfred Nzo: Ntabankulu Local Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 84/01/2018) Mbizana Local Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 85/01/2018) OR Tambo: Lusikisiki Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 86/01/2018) Mhlontlo Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 87/01/2018) Port St Johns Service Office (1)
- (Ref DSD 88/01/2018) Nelson Mandela Metro: District Office (2).
REQUIREMENTS: Senior Certificate/ equivalent qualification with 1 year relevant experience in administration. Computer literacy. Previous work with NPO’s will be an added advantage. Competencies: Good understanding of Public Service rules, policies and regulations. Knowledge of PFMA and Treasury Regulations. Extensive computer literacy. Knowledge of general administration in the Public Service. Good understanding of procure to pay operations. Excellent communication skills and analytical ability
DUTIES: Print claims and align with relevant programs. Expedite submission of claims by NPO’s. Assist state accountants in budget management and monitoring of expenditure patterns of funded organisations. Follow up on poor expenditure patterns and provide support. Maintain proper record keeping. Provide Support to NPO forums.
ENQUIRIES: can be directed to Ms Z Moyeni / Ms A Njaba/ Mr M Madonci 043 605 5049/ 5101/5110.
APPLICATIONS: Applications can be forwarded to the following District:
- Provincial Office: Hand Delivery: HR Beacon Hill Office Park, corner of Hargreaves Road and Hockey Close, King William’s Town, for the attention of Mr. Mapuza or
- The Head of Department: Social Development, Private Bag X0039, Bhisho, 5605 Enquiries can be directed to Ms Z. Moyeni at 043 605-5049 / Ms A. Njaba 043 605-5101/ Mr M. Madonci 0436055110.
- Alfred Nzo: The District Coordinator, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X 401, Mnt Ayliff, 4735 or hand deliver at Room 7 Mt Ayliff Counseling Centre, Garane Street for the attention of Ms L. Gawula. Enquiries may be directed to Ms L. Gawula at 039 – 2540900.
- Amathole: The District Co-ordinator, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X 9066, East London, 5200, or hand delivered at Absa Building, No. 85 Oxford Street, East London for the attention of Ms Z. Habe. Enquiries may be directed to Ms Z. Habe at 0437116626.
- Buffalo City Metro: The District Coordinator, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X9066, East London 5200, or hand deliver at Ideal Homes Building, No 170 Oxford Street, East London, for the attention of Ms P. Kula Enquiries may be directed to Mr M. Yonana at 043 705-5650 / Ms P. Kula 043 705-5638.
- Chris Hani: The District Coordinator, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X7191, Queenstown 5320 or hand deliver at Pandarosa Building, 54 Ebden Street, Queenstown, for the attention of Ms N Mzinjana. Enquiries may be directed to Ms Mzinjana at (045) 808-3709.
- Joe Ggqabi: The District Coordinator, Department of Social Development and Special Programmes, Private Bag X 1002, Aliwal North or hand delivered at Aliwal North Spar Hotel, Dan-Pienaar Street, Aliwal North Enquiries may be directed to Ms N. Duba at 051 633-1616 OR Mr S Luzipho at 051 633-1609.
- Nelson Mandela Metro: The District Coordinator, Department of Social Development, Private bag X 3906 North End 5056 or hand delivered at Room 208, IbhayiBulding, Straundale Road Enquiries may be directed to Ms L. Thompson 041 406-5750.
- Sarah Baartman: The District Co-ordinator, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X 1008, Grahamstown, 6139, or hand delivered at Room 11, 2nd floor, Corner African and Hill Street, Old SABC Building, Grahamstown Enquiries may be directed to Ms P. Kewuti at 046 636-1484.
- OR. Tambo: The Head of the Department, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X 6000, Umtata, 5099 or hand delivered to at Room No 1045, 10th floor Botha Sigcau Building, for the attention of Ms Z. Dlanjwa. Enquiries may be directed to Ms Z. Dlanjwa at 047 – 5310944.
CLOSING DATE: 16 February 2018
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a Z83 Form, obtainable from any Public Service department or on the internet at http://www.info.gov.za/documents/forms/employ.pdf which must be signed (an unsigned Z83 form will disqualify an application) and should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) [Matric certificate must also be attached] and IDdocument and Driver’s license [where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of his/her Permanent Residence Permit to his/her application. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record check, citizenship verification, financial/asset record check, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification). Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of twelve (12) months. The Department reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post(s). The Department of Social Development in the Eastern Cape is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Females, Whites and disabled persons are encouraged to apply. Employment Equity targets of the Department will be adhered to