Req ID 24908 – Posted 13/12/2018 – Discovery Central Services – Gauteng – Sandton – Function (1)
The HVAC system Integral part of green star rating of the Building and imperative that the candidate will be able to continuously fine tune and do adjustments and ensure that the HVAC system is operating at optimum levels. The HVAC supervisor will be responsible for the entire HVAC system and to conduct and oversee required maintenance activities on all HVAC equipment, fine tuning settings on the BMS and Rickard systems.
- To oversee and have a good understanding of HVAC control systems so as to fine tune and do necessary adjustments to all units and controlling systems. This includes good knowledge of the BMS and Rickard software and controlling systems.
- Proficient in the chilled water system so as to maintain and conduct preventative maintenance to the system. Thus understanding of circulating pumps, flow switches, valves, control system, speed drives, Biocide control, water quality, quality control is essential.
- Conduct checks on chillers and ensure maintenance is carried out on the chiller plant to ensure the chillers are in working order to ensure expected life cycles of equipment kept.
- Conduct maintenance on cooling towers by flushing out, cleaning strainers, eliminator plates, strainers, check fans, floats, intakes screens, pumps.
- Checking circulating, extraction, ventilations fans, controls and MCC panels, switch gear, noise and vibrations.
- Excellent understanding of HVAC equipment so as to repair, diagnose, maintain, adjust, conduct preventative and just in time maintenance. This equipment includes AHU, cooling towers, Chillers, Dampers, economiser, Biocide control, pumps, split units, FCU, Fans and motors.
- Constantly Monitor balancing of the HVAC system in the building.
- Setting up maintenance schedules for all equipment and ensure it is inspection sheets are filled out.
- Ensure fire systems interfaces are working and respond accordingly when fire condition is activated
- Conduct standby duties and call outs for emergency situation, must have own vehicle.
- Dealing with external venders and suppliers so as to ensure that correct action and parts are procured for equipment ensuring quality and increasing life cycle of the equipment.
- Conduct installations of HVAC equipment (DX, Fan, FCU)
- Project management of Tasks
- Understand ventilation and heating and cooling formulae so as to assess and configure and install Air conditioning according to heat load requirement.
- Be able to use Rickard software to program and diagnose issues with the diffusers.
- Regular Inspections and scheduled cleaning of the Kitchen extraction canopies for the restaurants and of the ANSUL fire extinguishing system.
- Required Coil washing of all HVAC units
- Measuring and monitoring of Air flow
- Checking and maintaining walking fridge/Freezers, under counter fridges, freestanding fridges.
- Ensure that there is sufficient stock of spares and critical spares so as to ensure that we work can continue without been hampered
- Ensure filter media is washed and replaced at regular intervals
- Carry out Audits on Air flow changes, extraction and temperatures
- Conduct quality control checks on all units and external contractors
- Checking of Dampers on all fans and ducting.
Qualifications and experience
- 10 years’ experience in Maintaining HVAC systems and equipment
- 8 years with BMS experience
- 8 Experience in managing projects and installation
- 8 years in a management or supervisor position
- Microsoft office
- Valid driver’s licence
- Licence to work with Refrigerant according to Regulation
- N4 of Higher
- Service driven
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Good time management
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good reporting skills
- Own vehicle
- Own phone
- Available Data connection
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.