Table of Contents
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
JOB POST: COURT INTERPRETER
SALARY: R163 563 – R192 666 pa.
- Magistrate Office: Richmond Ref No: 15/18/NC
- Magistrate Office: Kimberley Ref No: 16/18/NC (X3 Posts)
- NQF Level 4 /Grade 12 or equivalent qualification;
- Three (3) months practical experience will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in English;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Good communication (written and verbal);
- Applicants will be subjected to a Language test;
- A valid drivers’ license will be an added advantage.
Xhosa, English, Afrikaans and Tswana are compulsory. Sotho, Sepedi, Tshonga, Tshivenda and isiZulu will be an added advantage. (Applicants will be subjected to a language test)
You will be required to: Interpret in Court, quasi-judicial proceedings; Interpret during consultation; Translate legal documents and exhibits; Record cases in criminal record book; Draw case records on request of the Magistrate and Prosecutors; Keep records of statistics; To perform any other duties he / she may be assigned to do in terms of rationalizations of functions by the office.
To Enquire, Please Contact: Mr. R. Muller at 053 802 1300
To APPLY, send your CV attached to a Z83 form to:
- Postal address: The Regional Head: Justice and Constitutional Development, Private Bag X6106, Kimberley, 8300.
- Hand delivers at the New Public Buildings, (Magistrates Court) of Knight and Stead Streets, 7th floor, Kimberley, 8301. Email or faxed applications will not be considered.
The DOJ&CD is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
CLOSING DATE: 21 SEPTEMBER 2018