Value Chain Unit: Group HR Operations
Primary Reporting: Snr Manager Talent Management
Position Location: Sandton, Gauteng
Type of employment: Permanent
Closing Date: 28 April 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Effective sourcing of talent is a key lever for attaining Sasol’s strategic objective of “right talent in the right place at the right time” to enable our company’s growth and transformation strategy. We are looking for an exceptional, values-driven team player with a real passion for talent acquisition, who will contribute and be accountable for driving that mandate.
The purpose of this job is to formulate and execute recruitment sourcing strategies, compiled from market research information that will deliver the right candidates, at the right time, in the right positions for functions and disciplines across Sasol globally, based on advisory insights on Sasol staffing requirements.
The focus is on business critical and scarce skill technical roles across all business units within Sasol Group (i.e. sourcing for engineers, senior engineers, artisans, technicians, and the senior/managerial roles within those technical portfolios).
1. Talent Sourcing Advisory Support:
- Proactively research and investigate innovative sourcing strategies
- Consult with, and advise to, business on the sourcing strategies for their scarce and business critical talent requirements, in order to execute on the recruitment of both passive and active candidates within the agreed timeline and budget.
- Meeting line managers to discuss new vacancies and agree talent sourcing strategy and process timelines.
- Managing vacancy intake sessions with line managers or other subject matter experts to gain a detailed understanding of the role profile and specific environment.
2. Talent Attraction:
- Conduct on-going research to identify “hard-to-find” talent, and then utilise most suitable channels (e.g. data-rich sites like job boards, posting sites), educational institutions, non-profit organisations, and other relevant associations to further drive the staffing brand and aid in the attraction of top talent.
- Proactive identify and build talent pools of high-quality candidates for prioritised positions.
- Implement strategies to identify and attract high quality talent.
3. Employer Brand Custodian:
- Effectively communicate and elevate Sasol’s EVP and employer brand by ensuring superior levels of candidate experience at all touchpoints in our recruitment process.
- Involved in managing relationships with employer brand rating agencies and other relevant stakeholders internationally to ensure that Sasol improves as employer of choice in key markets within specific disciplines.
4. Workforce Planning translation into Talent Sourcing Plans:
- Partner with HRBP’s and business unit leaders to better understand strategic direction of the business and how such will translate into future hiring, in order to proactively plan-for and build relevant candidate pipelines.
- Interpret and translate internal and external employment demands and trends into timely, results driven action items.
5. Talent Sourcing Implementation Planning:
- Advise senior management on current legislature issues and trends as they pertain to labour market sourcing.
- Adjust annual planning with new sourcing requirements on a month-by-month basis, and adjust resource planning and loading to best meet BU needs and Group long term view.
- Advise business on strategy and structuring of recruitment initiatives, (whether recruitment will be done on a positions-by-position basis, or whether a project approach will be followed, facilitated and executed by a dedicated team, e.g. continuous learning).
- Act on level of client satisfaction pertaining to sourcing activities.
- Work closely with business and HR Business Partners to understand critical skills, talent gaps and risks.
- Work closely with Recruitment Operations team to confirm business critical and scarce skills, discussion of trends and associated action plans.
- A relevant Bachelors Degree is required, with preference but not limited to Human Resource Management or behavioural sciences related field
- 11 Years Relevant experience in talent acquisition and direct sourcing of passive candidates for similar technical portfolios and/or similar environment
- 5 – 8 years experience leading/supervising a team
- Highly experienced in the use of social media, data mining techniques (Boolean), and other relevant technology platforms for talent sourcing purposes
- Technology aptitude: Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS, Success Factors), LinkedIn Recruiter, and other direct sourcing tools
- Sound multi-functional stakeholder management and engagement abilities.
- Proven ability to understand business strategy and then define/distil related enablement into tactical plans in terms of having the right talent at the right place at the right time.
- Strategy Development and Translation
- Organisational Development and Transformation
- HR Architecture Design
- Talent Sourcing and Deployment
- Performance Management Delivery
- Remuneration Management
- Learning Delivery
- Payroll Data/Rewards and Benefits
- Business Partnering/Consulting
- HR Systems Application
- HR Governance and Compliance
- Employee Relations
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.