ASSISTANT MANAGER PHARMACEUTICAL SERVICES (12 POSTS)
Salary Package: R897 936.00 p.a. [All-inclusive remuneration package] plus 12% of basic salary
PSCBC rural allowance.
CENTRES: Mokopane Hospital , Botlokwa Hospital , Helene Franz Hospital , Evuxakeni Hospital ,
Malamulele Hospital , Hayani Hospital , Messina Hospital , Ellisras Hospital , Thabazimbi
Hospital , Kgapane Hospital 
Salary Package: R897 936.00 p.a. [All-inclusive remuneration package] plus 17% of basic salary
ISRDS Nodes rural allowance.
CENTRES: Matlala Hospital , Sekororo Hospital 
REQUIREMENTS: A) Qualifications and Competencies
Basic qualification accredited with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) that allows registration with SAPC as a Pharmacist.
Current registration with the SAPC as a Pharmacist
A minimum of 3 years appropriate experience after registration as a Pharmacist with the SAPC.
Inherent requirements of the job: willingness to register as the responsible pharmacist. Willingness to do after hours work and be on call including shift work.
Ability and willingness to supervise, tutor and train staff.
Valid Driver’s license [Attach copy].
B) Knowledge and Skills
Team player with outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
Aptitude in problem-solving and decision-making.
Strong professional ethics.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and inter-professional team.
Knowledge of budgeting and PFMA and other relevant legislations, policies and procedures in the Health sector is an advantage.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and relevant technological literacy.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Lead and manage pharmaceutical services, ensuring the continuum of care in the Geographical service area of the hospital
Procurement, storage and dispensing of pharmaceuticals
Directly manage the activities of the Pharmacy employees.
Reviews daily, monthly and other periodic management reports to monitor service levels.
Plan, develop, and implement all policies and processes related to technical pharmacy operations.
Maintain records of all transactions of the pharmacy necessary to ensure accurate control over and accountability for all drugs as required by applicable Pharmacy Council laws, rules, and regulations; ensures legal operation of the pharmacy, including meeting all inspection and other requirements of South African Pharmacy Council laws, rules, and regulations governing pharmacy operations.
Perform quarterly audit and balance inventory and scheduled 5 & 6 drug registers in the Unit, record, investigate and report any discrepancies.
Ensure that all assets within the control of the Pharmacy are efficiently managed.
Serve and represent the section in governance structures of the hospital.
Provide secretariat functions to the Drugs and Therapeutics committee meeting.
Safe disposal of expired pharmaceuticals in accordance with prescribed policies.
Applications are hereby invited from suitable qualified candidates for vacant posts.
2. Applications should be submitted on the Z83 form obtainable from any government institution and must be accompanied by comprehensive CV and certified copies of required qualifications and identity Document.
3. Applications for the following posts should be directed to the Chief Executive Officer for Pietersburg Hospital: Medical/Dental Specialists, Heads of Clinical Units, Medical Registrars, Medical Secretary, Clinical Psychologists, Radiation Oncology Radiographer, Professional Nurse [Specialty], Clinical Engineering Technician, Medical Physicist, Assistant Manager: Pharmaceutical Services and Pharmacist Assistants.
4. Applications where the centre is indicated as Head Office and EMS should be directed to :
The Head of Department
Department of Health
Private Bag X 9302
0700 and for hand delivery at 18 College Street
Office No. 60, Fidel Castro Building
5. Applications for all other positions should be directed to Chief Executive Officers of the hospitals and for posts at Districts to the District Executive Managers of the District Offices as per the attached address list.
6. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and attention will be given to individuals or persons from disadvantaged communities.
7. The closing date for applications is 30 August 2019
BUY WORK WEAR NOW BY CLICKING HERE