Position : ASSISTANT OFFICER CUSTOMER SERVICE AREA X1(Customer Service) MonsterlusVacancy type: Internal
Task Grade : T10
Area of Speacialization : Customer Service
Department : Customer Services
Business Unit : Limpopo OU
Location : South Africa (Limpopo)
Reference Number : BKM20180424
Closing Date : 5/4/2018
• Relevant 3 Year Diploma
• 3 years related experience
Skills and Competencies
• Behavioural: The key elements required to perform the function and/or to be displayed e.g. Integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, professionalism
• Leadership: Team player, motivating teams, coaching, mentoring, developing etc.
• Knowledge: (Define and link the relevant knowledge components in terms of academic, theoretical and understanding of a subject its facts and information relevant to the KPA’s.
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Customised pricing agreements/customer incentive scheme
Eskom product knowledge
• Skill: (Define and link the relevant skill/work experience components in terms of practical and work experience relating to the KPA’s. Indicate the required proficiency level for the role, and what the criteria is to update the competency) Customer service orientation, communication skills, planning and organisational skills, inter-personal interaction skills, Valid driver’s licence
• Attributes: (Clear definition of attributes such as colour blindness, physical disabilities that might hinder performance)
• Assessment: (Clear definition of the means through which the actual job requirement will be measured at or after the interview. In other words what are those key elements that must be demonstrated by the individual in order assure capability)
o Maintain the daily customer service activity operations by:
• Maintaining the house keeping arrangements for the service outlet for transport, equipment, material and the appropriate systems
• Dealing with arrangements on lock-up, keys, access and other related issues.
o Responsible for existing or new customer data by:
• Being responsible for customer data accuracy, continuously checking current data and updating if necessary, using the provided data update processes
• Capturing all customer contacts on relevant systems and keeping customer history updated
• Being responsible for accurate updating and alignment of all meter and measurement related data in the Billing system
• Ensuring adherence and performing too data audit requirements.
o Handle generic service activities by:
• Providing the customer with relevant information on how queries, complaints and claims are being handled within Eskom as well as to manage customer expectation of the duration in which it should be handled.
• Receiving, addressing and responding to customer enquiries and problems according to the OCI, MRC, AC, MAOS, MN processes on own or with process partner support where necessary.
• Liaising with the other process partners (i.e. Contact Centre, Revenue Management, WMC, other Customer Service Area partners) to provide Customer Service delivery for their customers for all specific transactions according to service KPI’s.
• Handle customer contacts according to the OCI VC principles and communication channels
o Build a relationship between the customer base and “ESKOM” via personal interventions by:
• Providing a personalised local Eskom presence..
• Informing customers of plans to improve Customer rating results.
• Maintaining cross functional coordination within Eskom to ensure Customer satisfaction
• Being present at regular relationship building activities.
o Provide product information and service advice, customised for specific (new or existing) customer’s needs by:
• Identifying opportunities to support the Integrated Energy/Demand Side Management Programmes by selecting the appropriate tariffs and influencing the customer to change production or usage patterns and cycles.
• Advising customers on statutory requirements, e.g. wiring regulations.
• Liaising with Eskom specialists in terms of quality of supply, supply security and technical investigations.
• Updating and revising contract and ensuring that customers are familiar with the contents there-of
• Informing customers about Eskom plans and direction and involving them in project planning and planned outage negotiations that directly affects them.
• Provide beyond-the-meter sales leads to the Sales teams e.g. existing coal, diesel or gas operated plants.
• Gaining in-depth knowledge of the new and existing customers and their markets and processes and forward the need for upgrading of existing networks/planning for new networks timeously.
• Supporting the load forecasting process with formal or informal data and Information.
o Handling quotations and connections activities by:
• Receiving, analysing, capturing and responding to Customer applications.
• Conducting the supply investigations for new applications (new supply or relevant application types), including initial design and survey.
• Gathering customer data according to the Acquire Customer Network Asset Creation Value Chain processes, procedure and systems.
• Issuing standard quotations on the spot
• Preforming the activities relative to Quotations and Connections in accordance to the Acquire Customer Value Chain processes and procedures.
• Facilitating the activities relative to Connections in accordance to the Network Asset Creation Value Chain processes and procedures
• Monitoring related performance and identifying area of improvement.