OFFICE OF THE CHIEF JUSTICE
The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in line with the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) Employment Equity targets, through the filling of positions. To further the objectivity of representativity within the Department. Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CONTRACT ACCOUNTING CLERK
NUMBER OF POSTS:
(Contract Valid Until 31 March 2019)
R163 563 – R192 666 per annum plus 37%in lieu of benefits.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- National Office: Midrand (Financial Accounting) Ref No: 2018/252/OCJ (X3 Posts)
- Grahamstown High Court Ref No: 2018/253/OCJ (X1 Post)
Grade 12 or equivalent qualification. Skills and Competencies: Job Knowledge; Communication skills; Interpersonal relations skills; Flexibility; Teamwork; Computer; Accuracy, Planning and organisation; Language; Good verbal and written communication. Basic numeracy skills, Ability to perform routine tasks; Accountability and ethical conduct
Render Financial Accounting transactions (Receive invoices and record on invoice register; check and capture transactions on BAS, compile payment batches and verify for correctness approval (internal control),Filing of all documents, Monitor compliance with 30 days payment; Perform Salary Administration support services (Receive claims, salary advices);Process advices (e.g. check advices for correctness, capture salaries, bonuses, salary adjustments, capture all deductions and allowances etc.). File all documents; Perform Bookkeeping support services (capture all financial transactions, assist to clear suspense accounts, Record debtors and creditors, follow up on outstanding debtors, Process electronic banking transactions, Compile journals); Render budget support services.
- Ms L Mothemane Tel No: (010) 493 2500 (National Office (Midrand)
- Mr S Mponzo Tel No: (043) 726 5217 (Grahamstown High Court)
- National Office Midrand and Constitutional Court: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The Director: Human Resources, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X10, Marshalltown, 2107. For the attention of HR Directorate. Applications can also be hand delivered to the Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management, 188 14th Road, Noordwyk, Midrand, 1685.
- Eastern Cape: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X1, Vincent, 5247, East London, or hand deliver applications to, Office of the Chief Justice Provincial Service Centre, 59 Western Avenue, Sanlam Park Building, 2nd Floor Vincent, East London.
Short-listed candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes, including a competency assessment (SMS) and personality profile analysis. Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The Completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document( no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than three months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applications received after the closing date, as well as applications received via fax/email, will NOT be considered or accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 10 AUGUST 2018