OFFICE OF THE CHIEF JUSTICE
The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in line with the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) Employment Equity targets, through the filling of positions. To further the objectivity of representativity within the Department. Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CONTRACT REGISTRAR’S CLERK
NUMBER OF POSTS:
(Contract Valid Until 31 March 2019)
R163 563 – R192 666 per annum plus 37%in lieu of benefits. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Gauteng Division Pretoria Ref No: 2018/258/OCJ
- Eastern Cape Mthatha Ref No: 2018/259/OCJ
- Supreme Court of Appeal: Bloemfontein Ref No: 2018/262/OCJ
Grade 12; Computer Literacy; Experience in Clerical/ administration functions will be an added advantage. Skills and Competencies: Good communication skills (written and verbal); Good interpersonal and public relations skills; Good administration and organizational skills; Customer Service Skills and ability to work under pressure.
Render support services to case flow management; Render efficient and effective support services to the court; Issuing of summons at General Office; Update case progress on ICMS; Render counter service duties /functions; Prepare, Issue and Analyse court statistics; Maintain and keep all registers for Civil and Criminal matters; Filling and storage of both Civil and Criminal process; Issue warrant of arrest for defaulters; Act as a liaison between judges and legal practitioners; Requisitioning of accused persons from prison; Deal with correspondence and attend to general public enquiries; Issue all processes that initiate court proceedings; Prepare and send case to transcribers for appeal and review purposes; Preparing and binding of appeals and reviews; Attend to complaints from prisoners and members of the public; Act as a liaison between Registrar and legal practitioners; Provide administrative support in general as requested by Court Manager and supervisor.
- Ms T Mbalekwa Tel No: (011) 335-0404 (Gauteng Division Pretoria)
- Mr S Mponzo Tel No: (043) 7265217 (Eastern Cape Mthatha)
- Ms M Luthuli Tel No: (051) 406 8191 (Supreme Court of Appeal: Bloemfontein)
- Gauteng: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X7, Johannesburg, 2000 or hand deliver applications to, 12th floor, Cnr Pritchard and Kris Street, Johannesburg.
- Eastern Cape: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X1, Vincent, 5247, East London, or hand deliver applications to, Office of the Chief Justice Provincial Service Centre, 59 Western Avenue, Sanlam Park Building, 2nd Floor Vincent, East London.
- Supreme Court of Appeal and Bloemfontein High Court: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag x20612, Bloemfontein, 9300 or hand delivered applications to The Free State High Court, Corner President Brand and Fontein Streets.
Short-listed candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes, including a competency assessment (SMS) and personality profile analysis. Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The Completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document( no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than three months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applications received after the closing date, as well as applications received via fax/email, will NOT be considered or accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 10 AUGUST 2018