OFFICE OF THE CHIEF JUSTICE
The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in line with the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) Employment Equity targets, through the filling of positions. To further the objectivity of representativity within the Department. Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NUMBER OF POSTS:
R163 563 – R192 666 per annum.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Mthata High Court Ref No: 2018/200/OCJ (X2 Posts)
- North West High Court Ref No: 2018/201/OCJ (X1 Post)
- Land Claims Court Ref No: 2018/202/OCJ (X1 Post)
- Labour Court Johannesburg Ref No: 2018/203/OCJ (X1 Post)
- Labour Court Durban Ref No: 2018/204/OCJ (X1 Post)
- Labour Court Cape Town Ref No: 2018/205/OCJ (X1 Post)
- Gauteng Local Division Johannesburg Ref No: 2018/249/OCJ (X1 Post)
A Grade 12/ NQF level 4, Proficiency in one or more indigenous languages, Proficiency in English and/or Afrikaans; Three months practical experience will be an added advantage. Knowledge of any foreign language or sign language will be an added advantage. Skills and competencies: Excellent communication skills; Computer literacy; Good interpersonal relations; Ability to work under pressure and solve problems; Accuracy and attention to detail; Customer services; Planning and organizing skills; Confidentiality; Analytical thinking; Listening skills; Time management.
Render Interpreting services in criminal court, civil court, labour and Quasi proceedings; interpreting during consultation; Assist with reconstruction of court records; Develop terminology; Coin words, perform specific line and administrative support functions to the Judiciary, Court Manager and supervisor.
- Kwazulu-Natal: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X54372, Durban, 4000, or hand deliver applications to the Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management, 1st floor, 2 Devonshire place, off Anton Lembede Street: Enquiries: Ms L Marrie (031) 372 3167
- Gauteng: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X7, Johannesburg, 2000 or hand deliver applications to, 12th floor, Cnr Pritchard and Kris Street, Johannesburg. Enquiries: Ms T Mbalekwa (011) 335-0404.
- Eastern Cape: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X1, Vincent, 5247, East London, or hand deliver applications to, Office of the Chief Justice Provincial Service Centre, 59 Western Avenue, Sanlam Park Building, 2nd Floor Vincent, East London Enquiries: Mr S Mponzo (043) 7265217.
- Western Cape: The OCJ Provincial Head, Private Bag X9020, Cape Town 8000. Applications can also be hand delivered to, Office of the Chief Justice Provincial Service Centre, 30 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town. Enquiries: Ms M Baker (021) 469 4000
- North West: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X 2033, Mmabatho, 2735 or hand deliver applications to 22 Molopo Road, Ayob Gardens: Mafikeng, Enquiries: Mr L Moetanalo (018) 3977065
Short-listed candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes, including a competency assessment (SMS) and personality profile analysis. Applications must be submitted on form Z83, 34 obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The Completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document( no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than three months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applications received after the closing date, as well as applications received via fax/email, will NOT be considered or accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 27 JULY 2018