takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Dispatch Administrator to join our team at the Johannesburg Warehouse
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Dispatch Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the Dispatch Systems Administration is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business
- Implement improvement processes and maintain standard operating procedures and systems to minimise costs and maximize working capital
- Ensuring all work areas are clean and tidy and safe for staff to work in
- Support to Call Centre and MRD Hubs on order enquiries & changes
- Manage the MRD Express System efficiently and accurately
- Ensure data integrity & managing of reports (Milkrun Reports, Waybill Reports, New Unscanned Reports, Aged-Waybill Reports, Waybill Exceptions Reports, etc.)
- Equipment and asset list administration
- Ensure that all escalated outbound related queries are resolved timeously
- Ensure correct scheduling of labour broker staff for weekend shifts and ensure attendance and punctually is 100% accurate.
- Assist logistic team with supervising the loading of milkruns and ensure the correct equipment is used in line with specified routes..
- Ensure the floor is clear at all times, any damages/duplicates are attended to and resolved accordingly within reasonable time frame
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Must be willing to work overtime and as per Department shift schedule
- Matric or equal qualification
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience (at least 2-3 years) in Dispatch Operations
- Have a detailed understanding of warehouse management systems
- Sound Computer Skills including MS Word, Excel and Email Software
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.