|Recruiter:||Sappi Ltd||Updated on:||2017-09-01 00:00:00|
|Start Date:||2017-08-29||End Date:||2017-09-12|
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Effluent Operator to be responsible for operating equipment used for treatment and disposal of solids laden effluent from the Mill
- Matric Maths & Physical Science/N3 Pulp and Paper
- 3 months Water and waste water treatment experience will be an advantage
- Operate sludge removal system continuously.
- Check bar screen and report if cleaning is required.
- Backwash sludge pumps and clarifies as necessary.
- Take samples to Laboratory.
- Check condition of auto-samplers.
- Operates dregs make-up and feed systems.
- Changes basket strainers as required.
- Operates plant when Senior Operator checks storm water outlets.
- Check and change chemical drums as required.
- Clean TEST and ED’s when necessary.
- Reports all defects (plant in general) to the senior operator.
- Operates scum removal system after hours.
- Issue lock out permit when instructed by Effluent plant senior operator
- Have good housekeeping behaviour
- Safety conscious
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful