Reference Number: FINA6874
Salary: R157 248 – R215 724 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 12
- 1 year relevant experience
- Be informed and implement necessary legislation, Metro’s resolutions, policies, procedures and tariff structures by obtaining and implementing the required data from the relevant acts, intranet, Metro’s resolutions and e-mails to ensure that all actions done are legal and in line with prescriptions thus enhancing financial accountability
- Assist with adjustment of accounts and errors by processing the necessary journals on the Venus system to ensure the correct charges on the existing / new owners account
- Capture the application for clearances figures by utilizing letters, e-mails and the Venus system to ensure verified ownership of property, whether the debtor has been handed over or not, the correct property description and to give correct figures for payment i.e. enhancing financial accountability and customer care
- Calculate clearance figures by using the Venus system to ensure that the applicant’s lawyers get timeous information for payment thus enhancing customer care
- Print processed clearance figures and submit for review
- Prepare the allocation of cheques on issued figures by allocating the received cheques to ensure that the outstanding services are paid accordingly and the relevant amount is reserved for the services still to be levied i.e. ensuring that the total debt owing to the Metro is settled i.e. the enhancement of financial accountability
- Attend to correspondence and address queries from the public and other instances by telephone, written correspondence and e-mail in order to comply with the needs and requirements of the public and other instances
- Assist with processing of retrospective rates adjustments based on supplementary valuation rolls
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) or the intranet (for internal staff).
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7532
Please attach CV to the online application once completed.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2018/01/25