- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Northwest Territories
- Gahcho Kué
The De Beers Group of Companies has an opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join the Mobile Maintenance department at the Gahcho Kué Mine Site based in the Northwest Territories. Reporting to the Senior Mobile Maintenance Planner, this position will specify the requirements for completing preventative and corrective maintenance work for the Mobile Maintenance Heavy and Light Vehicle/Ancillary Equipment fleet and ensure the resources are in place to carry out the work. This role will also be involved in a transformational project that moves the mobile maintenance planning and scheduling functions into SAP. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
What this Role Entails:
- Works with teams to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans ahead of the work being completed;
- Prepares work packages that define preventative and corrective work, sets standards for delivery and incorporate special requirements and resources for completing the work;
- Plans approved work orders to procure and organize resources prior to the required by date;
- Plans to minimize impact on operations and demands for resources without exceeding deadline for work completion;
- Scopes work by spending time with the technicians and incorporating crew input into planning details;
- Assists in prioritizing the planning work and tracking the upcoming work;
- Identifies and escalates critical issues that threaten the successful planning of work orders; and
- Produces reports (weekly and monthly) detailing planned versus actual maintenance activities and resource usage.
What you Need for this Role:
- University degree or a valid Inter-provincial trade qualification in a mechanical discipline;
- Experience planning preventative and corrective maintenance in mobile maintenance environment (5-7 years);
- Experience configuring and using an enterprise resource planning system (SAP);
- Ability to communicate, share information and seek input from different teams to plan work;
- Experience producing and developing reports and maintaining data integrity;
- Ability to operate within MS Office and SAP environment; and
- Proven commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental Standards.
Beneficial if you have:
- Advanced SAP Planned Maintenance Training Module; and
- Experience working at a remote mining site and in a cross-cultural work environment.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: Mountain Daylight Time