Table of Contents
Murray & Roberts | Learnership Opportunity 2021
Closing Date: 20 October 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Artisan Learnership (Electrician, Fitter & Turner, Diesel Mechanic, Millwright and Boilermaker), to be based at Training Academy near Carletonville, Gauteng. The successful candidates will report to the ETD Officer (Engineering).
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Valid N2 Certificate which includes the following subjects:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Drawing and/or Engineering Industrial Electronics
- Engineering Drawing and/or Plating & Structural Steel
- Diesel or Motor Trade theory
- Engineering Drawing and/or Engineering Industrial (Electrical) and/or Plating & Structural Steel (Boilermaker)
- Electrical Trade theory
- At least two (2) Engineering Trade theory subject matters (Electrical/Diesel Mechanical/Boilermaker/Fitter and Turner)
The successful candidate must be able to meet the following internal Company requirements:
- Must be medically fit for underground work
- Must not have a criminal record
- Must not be directly or indirectly employed or involved in any other business while employed by MR&C
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Carry out all occupationally related work for the employer required for the practical workplace experience activities specified in the learnership.
- Complying with the employer’s policies and procedures.
- Be available for, and participate in, all structured learning and practical work experience activities required by the learnership.
- Attend all theoretical learning sessions and practical learning activities with an approved training provider.
- Participate in any assessment activities that are required for the final assessment at the end of the learnership.
- Will attend the Artisan Learnership Program or work as per the specific working cycle of the respective site, which may include attending or working on Saturday’s.
- The learner will devote the whole of the leaner’s time, attention and ability to the training provided and shall obey all legitimate orders and instructions.
- Will be expected to be appropriately dressed, groomed and ready for work at the starting time of each learner shift
The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the Learnership. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
How to Apply