Closing Date: 15 September 2017
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to address the skills shortage in the South African economy. In this regard, it is offering bursaries to students who wish to study towards an engineering qualification at a tertiary institution.
The Municipality’s Bursary Programme aims to provide access to high quality and relevant education and training, as well as skills development opportunities, including workplace learning and experience, to prospective learners who wish to study and gain technical skills.
Bursaries for study are available in the following engineering disciplines:
- Bsc Civil Engineering
- BSc or BEng Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
Who can apply:
- Grade 12 learners with South African ID numbers, who are permanent residents in South Africa.
- Matriculants who have obtained a Matric Exemption in Mathematics and Physical Science and meet the entry requirements to study towards a degree in Engineering.
- Current students at an university who are already studying towards a Bsc/Civil, BSc/ BEng Mechanical or Bsc Electrical Engineering Degree.
The bursary will cover the following:
- Tuition fees
- Residential and meal fees
- Monthly Allowance
The successful candidate will be required to enter into a binding contract with the Council after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary. Where bursars are required to undertake experiential training, as prescribed by the course, with the Municipality, an allowance will be paid to the bursar during this period.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit a detailed CV, accompanied by a certified ID copy. If currently in Grade 12, a copy of the applicant’s June Grade 12 results must accompany the application. If, however, an applicant has completed Grade 12, with an exemption, a copy of the Grade 12 Certificate must be attached, or a statement of results.
Applications must be marked for the attention of the Executive Director: Corporate Services, P O Box 116, Port Elizabeth, 6000 or handed in at the 8th floor, Lillian Diedericks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth. For more information, contact the Human Resource Office at 041-506 3252.
No faxed, e-mailed or late applications will be accepted.