REF: STRM/STPP/GC/Operator : Field (Tissue)/Stanger/220817
|Recruiter:||Sappi Ltd||Updated on:||2017-09-01 00:00:00|
|Start Date:||2017-08-22||End Date:||2017-09-06|
Sappi – Stanger Mill is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to ensure that the production and quality system throughout the Paper/Tissue process is well maintained to conformed standard and in compliance with SHEQ by providing cover for the Paper/Tissue production teams so that optimum production rate is maintained on a continuous basis and downtime is minimized.
- Matric + Full N1 Pulp and Paper and N2 Pulp and Paper (2 subjects) and/or NQF level 4 Qualification or relevant unit standards
- 1 year relevant experience in a production environment with experience operating machinery and equipment.
- Computer Literacy Advantageous
- Work within shift to ensure production and quality targets are met safely
- Performs any reasonable request related to work area or job performance by the Superintendent.
- Hands over shift to the oncoming shift by discussing all important quality matters related to process and product that should be maintained or monitored
- Assists Paper/Tissue operators when and if necessary i.e. shuts, breakdowns and when optimizing process on a daily basis
- Contributes good working relations within the team and with other teams
- Act as shift cover in any of the following areas, Paper Machine, VRW, Finishing and Tissue Machine depending on competency in department.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT & QUALITY (SHEQ)
- Understand & comply with all SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Carries out BBS Observations
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Paper Machine Operations
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving