Phase 1: Basic Training (9 months)
Basic Training at a Training Academy as a Police Trainee
Stipend: R4500 per month
Phase 2: Probation (12 months)
After successful completion of Basic Training – will be appointed to the rank of Constable
In addition to this, applicants will receive the applicable service benefits. Enlistment requirements: Applicants must:-
Be a South African Citizen;
Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
Between eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age;
Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible and/or irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service;
Be prepared to take the oath of office;
Complete and pass a medical examination;
Complete and pass a physical fitness assessment;
Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner; and
Be prepared to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
Be in possession of a Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational) and be in possession of a Bachelor of Science Degree or other any other fields of study (minimum 3 year National Diploma/Degree) recorded on the National Learners’ Record Database on NQF level 6 or higher;
Have no previous criminal convictions or pending criminal cases and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background enquiries to be made, and found to be suitable for appointment;
Undergo a psychological and Integrity assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
*Prevent, combat and investigate crime;
*Maintain Public Order;
*Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property; *Uphold and enforce the law.
Interested applicants should submit their applications on the official application form, which can be obtained free of charge from any Police Station / SAPS Recruitment offices or downloaded from the SAPS Website (https://www.saps.gov.za). The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to, failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be attached together with the application form.
Copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Certificate(Vocational) and all educational qualifications (Degree / National Diploma) obtained and academic record must be attached, service certificates of previous employers (where applicable), motor vehicle driver’s license (optional). THE COPIES NEED NOT TO BE CERTIFIED.
Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.
Appointments will be made in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995.
Applications must be hand delivered timeously at the address indicated below. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
POSTAL ADDRESS CONTACT TEL NR PHYSICAL ADDRESS PERSON
Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service Private Bag X 9004 Cape Town 8000
Lt Col Visser Capt Van Zyl PO Mahloane
(021) 409 6587 / 6579 / 6593
Applications can be hand delivered at:
Provincial Commissioner Recruitment & Staffing South African Police Service Private Bag X7471 King Williams Town 5601
Lt Col Madlingozi PPO E Du Randt
(040) 608-7153 /7156 /7157 /7158 /7245 /7248 /7161
Applications can be hand delivered at:
The Provincial Head Human Resource Management: Recruitment Office
Col Smith W/O Botha
(053) 8393724 / (053) 8392813 / (053) 8392510
Applications can be hand delivered at: Lewende Hawe Building, 19 George Street (locked silver container at entrance), Kimberley
Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service Private Bag 20501 Bloemfontein
Lt Col Jackson W/O Van wayk Sgt I Gailele
(051) 507- 6419/6807
Applications can be hand delivered at: No 126 Charlotte Maxeke Street ,Metpol Building, 5th floor :Room 518 ,Bloemfontein or posted to: PC: Free State, Personnel Management, Private Bag X20501, Bloemfontein , 9301 Att: The Recruitment Centre
Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service P/Bag X57, Braamfontein, 2017
Lt Col C Henning Capt Lennox Capt Daschner
(011) 274 7913 / 7423 / 7424
Applications can be hand delivered at:
The Provincial Head Personnel Management Private Bag X 9428 Polokwane 0700
Lt Col Kobe PPO Nemaghuvhuni
(015)290 6024 (015)290 6094
Applications can be hand delivered at: 44 Schoeman Street Landbank Building Polokwane 0700 or posted to the Provincial Head(as given)
The Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service Private Bag X801 Potchefstroom 2520
Colonel Nel Capt Mpela
(018) 299 7097/7320
Applications can be hand delivered at: 2nd floor Wespol Building: Corner Nelson Mandela and Peter Mokaba Street.
The Provincial Head: Personnel Management Recruitment & Staffing: Private Bag X 11299 Nelspruit, 1200
Lt Col. Todani Capt NA Nkosi
(013) 762 4810 or 4898/ 4808/ 4811/ 4809/ 4318
Applications can be hand delivered at: The Provincial Office, Recruitment and Staffing, South African Police Service, Ehmke Street No. 04, Nelspruit next to Mlondolozi house.
Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service P O BOX 1965 Durban 4000
Lt Col S N Zondo W/O Machaie PO P Moodley
(031)325 4808 6194/6403
Applications can be hand delivered to 6TH Floor, Servamus Building ,Room 619/620 15 Bram Fischer Road, Durban or posted to: the Recruitment Office SA Police
Service, P BOX 1965,Durban,4000
Successful candidates will be trained at any SAPS Academy in South Africa and will be placed at any Police Station / Unit in South Africa after completion of basic training.
- All applicants will be subjected to a physical fitness assessment and are expected to conform to the Body Mass Index of less than 30 or Waist circumference ≤ 102 cm (males) and ≤ 88 cm (females), psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation, and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection and enlistment process. The SAPS will also verify the criminal records, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship and residential address of each applicant.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening, reference checking and fingerprint verification.
- Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct are excluded.
- In view of the physical demands of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme, applicants with chronic diseases, physical impairments or any other health condition that may lead to interruption of the training Programme, will be excluded from participation in the programme. Such applicants’ failure to disclose the conditions will result in their withdrawal from the programme on the determination thereof.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview.
- Short-listed applicants for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile. The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful applicants only and if you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants will be expected to undergo the Basic Police Development Training Programme as prescribed by the National Commissioner.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.The closing date for the applications is 11 MARCH 2022.
Download application form here graduate_recruitment_scheme_application_form_2021_2022