Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market Related
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa – Secure Solutions
Closing Date: September 21, 2017
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Sales Administrator based in Midrand.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Administrator is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Regional Sales Manager through the compilation of quotations and tenders.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which sales administration plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective administrative support for Sales team and Sales Manager
- Arrangement of meetings and daily diary management
- Ensure faxing, filing and records up to date
- Compile daily and weekly reports and submit to sales manager as required
- Prepare and submit Salesforce reports for management review
- Assist with all day to day admin requirements
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Assist with marketing events and planning requirements
- Work with other departments to ensure all aspects of the sales process runs smoothly
- Accurate maintenance of sales records and files
- Assist with the compilation of commission claims and petrol logs process if needed
- Placement of orders within ambit of policy and procedure
Efficient compilation of quotations and tender documents
- Compilation of quotations and tender documents with accurate information and timely submission in accordance to deadlines.
- Compilation of presentations and marketing packs as required
- Work with other departments to ensure all aspects of the tender are compiled
- Assisting with the processing of deals and contracts
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a preferred diploma in Office Management administration
- Relevant experience in administration – 2 years experience in a related position would be deemed appropriate for this level position
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- MS Office Computer skills –
- Acting professionally
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and cooperating
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.