Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Softwood Checked to be responsible and accountable for the efficient operation of the softwood plant from the SW entry deck to the softwood chip pile. To debark logs and operate the softwood chipper at the required chipping rate
- Matric (Maths and Psychical Science) /
- N3 Pulp and Paper would be advantageous
- 06 months experience in a Production Environment
- Assist with the start-up and shut down of the plant
- Ensure the plant is running according to required rate and quality specifications
- Monitor Disk Scalper dump chute and clean as required
- Take chip samples for testing as per BOP
- Check auxiliary equipment once per shift
- Assist the Operator with the changing of Knives as and when required
- Perform routine inspections and clean and or report defects
- Remove blockages / foreign materials on the Chipper and conveyor systems from the entry deck.
- Identify abnormal / emergency plant conditions and take corrective action according to standard (BOP)
- Isolate plant as required (Authorized Operator)
- Perform house keeping with the team – focus on area of responsibility
- Check correctness of chipping mix at the beginning of each shift and report any non-conformance to the Shift Supt.
- Communicate with Shift Superintendent with regards abnormal conditions and breakdowns
- Communicate with Maintenance employees with regards maintenance work
- Communicate daily with Log loaders.
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful