DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The Gauteng Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially in respect of race, gender and disability.
STAFF NURSE (GRADE 1)
NUMBER OF POSTS:
STAFN 33/06/2018 (0010)
(SN 1) R161 376 per annum
- Steve Biko Academic Hospital (X4 Posts)
- Helen Joseph Hospital (X5 Posts)
- South Rand Hospital (X11 Posts)
- West Rand Health District (X6 Posts)
- Sizwe Tropical Hospital (X1 Post)
- Kalafong Hospital (X1 Post)
- Tembisa Hospital (X1 Post)
- Heidelberg Hospital (X5 Posts)
- Sebokeng Hospital (X6 Posts)
Qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Staff Nurse. Registration with SANC as Enrolled Nurse and proof of current registration. No experience required after registration with the SANC as Staff Nurse. (Less one year from experience for candidates appointed from outside the public service after complying with registration requirements).
Demonstrate basic understanding of nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing practices. Promote quality of basic nursing care as directed by the professional scope of practice and standards as determined by the institution. Work as part of the multidisciplinary team to ensure good nursing care and positive clinical outcomes. Measure, record and interpret vital signs. Ensure personal hygiene of patients. Sustain nutritional status of patients. Facilitate the mobility of patients. Facilitate the elimination process. Willing to work shifts including night duty in different departments. Contribute positively towards compliance to National Core Standards, Batho Pele Principles, Ministerial Priorities and Patient’s Rights.
- Steve Biko Academic Hospital: Steve Biko Academic Hospital, Private Bag x 169, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to Cnr Malherbe & Steve Biko Road, Main Entrance at Level 3. Steve Biko Academic Hospital. Enquiries: Dr M Mathebula Tel No: (012) 354 1141 / Mr PJ. Motsweni Tel No: (012) 354 4646
- Helen Joseph Hospital: Applications should be submitted to Human Resource Department at the Helen Joseph Hospital, No14 Perth Road Auckland Park. Enquiries: Dr R Billa Tel No: (011) 489 0014 / Ms T Mkhwanazi Tel No: (011) 489 1070 Johannes
- Kalafong Hospital: Applications must be submitted to: Kalafong Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001 or Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in register book. Enquiries: Dr K.E. LetebeleHartell Tel No: (012) 318 6503 / Dr K.M. Htwe Tel No: (012) 318 6502
- Tembisa Hospital: Application to be addressed to: The Human Resources, Tembisa Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Private X7 OlifantsFontein, 1665 or Hand delivered / submitted at corner Flint Mazibuko and Rev. R.J.T Namene Drive Olifantsfontein 1665. Enquiries: Dr S. Mogaladi Tel No: (011) 923 2053 / Mr N Ramolumisi Tel No: (011) 923 2053
- South Rand Hospital: Applications forms must be delivered to HR South Rand Hospital, Admin block 1st Floor, Friars Hill Road, Rosettenville/to be posted to Private Bag X 1 Rosettenville 2130. Enquiries: Dr MN Maleka Tel No: (011) 681 2018 / Ms R. Mlangeni Tel No: (011) 681 2009
- West Rand District Health Area: Applications should be delivered to West Rand District Health, Cnr. Vlei & Luipaard Street or posted to West Rand District Health, Private Bag X 2053, Krugersdorp 1740. Enquiries: Ms P Muso Tel No: (011) 953 4515 / Mr A Tiro Tel No: (011) 953 4515
- Sebokeng Hospital: Applications should be send by courier or hand delivered to Sebokeng Hospital, the HR Department, Moshoeshoe Street, Sebokeng or Applications must be submitted to HR Department, Sebokeng Hospital. Enquiries: Dr N. Msibi (medical) Tel No: (016) 930 3303; Ms M. Madolo (allied) Tel No: (016) 930 3305; Mr K. Sejeng (nursing) Tel No: (016) 930 3066
- Sizwe Tropical Disease Hospital: Applications can be posted to: HR Manager, Sizwe Tropical Disease Hospital, Private Bag x 2, Snadringham, 2131 or hand delivered at Sizwe Tropical Disease Hospital, Cnr Club Street and Modderfontein road, Sandringham. Enquiries: Dr Louw Tel No: (011) 531 4410/ 4305 / Tel No: (011) 531 4302/ 4
- Heidelberg Hospital: Applications should be submitted to HR department at Heidelberg Hospital, Hospital Street. Heidelberg 1441 or posted to Heidelberg Hospital, Private bag 612, Heidelberg 1438. Enquiries: Dr ER Masilela Tel No: (016) 341 1207 / Tel No: (016) 341 1286
Documentation Required: Z83, CV, certified copies of ID, qualifications and registration certificate of relevant council, proof of current registration and relevant service certificates. Service certificates should have the company name, job title, which specialty area, locum or permanent position (if locum state how many hours per week), start and end date (yy/mm/dd), name of contact person(s) and contact details and company/ institutional stamp with signature. It is the responsibility of applicants with foreign qualifications to attach/ provide a verification report by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). NB: In order to be considered for appointment to the above positions except for Management posts, you need to be: Registered with the relevant Health Professions Council. In possession of an applicable qualification. Have relevant experience which will determine the salary level. All applicants should clearly indicate their institution/ post/ discipline of preference with the relevant reference number. The relevant address details can be obtained from the individual institutions. Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC): It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) – verification), upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal records checks as well as a credit/ financial stability checks.
CLOSING DATE: 10 AUGUST 2018