DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
POST 24/25: GROUNDSMAN GR II
REF NO: 31/19/02
NUMBER OF POSTS: 30 POSTS
SALARY: R102 534 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE: JSB Wonderboom, Pretoria
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of NQF Level 2 (ABET Level 2-4/ Grade 3 – 9 / Standard 1 – 7).
Special requirements (skills needed):
- Must have physical strength to move materials and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal) in English.
- Previous gardening experience would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of plants and garden equipment Ability to work in a team.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety.
- Prepare soil for planting.
- Alien vegetation removal.
- Removing of refuse.
- Check serviceability of equipment and machinery and report defects on terrain.
- Cleaning swimming pools and treating with chemicals.
- Maintain cleanliness of outside terrains.
- Maintaining fences and practicing pest control.
- Irrigation and mowing of lawns and trimming of hedges.
- Assist with preparing grounds for functions and parades.
- Maintenance of trees, flowers, shrubs and grass in gardens.
- Handle weed eaters, chainsaws, lawnmowers, pole pruners, hand tools etc.
TO ENQUIRE, PLEASE CONTACT: WO1 S. Thlageng @ (012) 529 0397
To APPLY, send your CV attached to a Z83 form to: Department of Defence, JSB Wonderboom, Private Bag X 01, Doornpoort, 1700.
CLOSING DATE: 26 JULY 2019