takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Deals Buyer to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Promotions Division Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver against key financial and service level performance indicators: Turnover, margin, stock cover, selection
- Negotiate deal pricing and/or rebates on deals
- Build the deals pipeline in correct product mix (assortment and depth)
- Inventory management
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers whilst seeking out new ones
- Continuously assess industry and market trends locally and internationally
- Plan and execute joint marketing activities with suppliers and vendors
- Work closely with Division Managers & Buyers to ensure strategic alignment
- Work closely with Customer Service to resolve deal related queries
- Ability to interpret data to make informed decisions
- Strong negotiator with a merchant mind set
- Strong prioritization, planning skills
- Smart creative, willingness to innovate / take calculated risks
- Passionate about retail
- 5 years related industry experience in Buying or Business Development
- Proven track record of negotiations
- Existing industry networks advantageous
- Tertiary qualification required
- Competence in Excel
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference