CSIR Internship: Heavy Vehicle Assistant Operators (3 Posts)
About the job:
The CSIR has internship opportunities for a Heavy Vehicle Simulator Assistant Operators in the Transport Infrastructure Engineering impact area within the Smart Mobility cluster.
About the research group:
The research group strives to effectively and efficiently deliver practical, innovative, knowledge-based solutions addressing the infrastructure needs of the transport sector through the accelerated testing of roads with the Heavy Vehicle Simulator (HVS) and associated research and data analysis. The group plays a leading role in the development, application and transfer of processes and technologies for the design, construction and maintenance of roads. These opportunities are based in Pretoria.
- Provide assistance in operation of the HVS to conduct HVS testing on roads;
- Provide assistance in Mechanical maintenance of the HVS and associated equipment;
- Gather and record HVS machine related information, environmental data as well as all visual information;
- Conduct field instrumentation, survey measurements and data acquisition.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BTech degree in a science and/or engineering related field;
- Ability to liaise with HVS operator and project leader on a continuous basis to keep them informed on progress
- Excellent Microsoft office skills;
- Good interpersonal and team skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team;
- Must be self-motivated;
- Problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation;
- Must have good communication and writing skills.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.