Get a Job at Stats SA (Census 2022)
The applicant must:
- have a minimum of a Senior Certificate (Matric or equivalent).
- be proficient in any of the 11 official languages.
- be willing to work over weekends and outside of normal office hours.
- be an RSA citizen with no criminal record.
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to upload the following document when they apply:
- Proof of home/residential address (eg Lease agreement, Affidavit, Tribal Authority letter, Municipality bill, clothing account bill, and others).
- Any registration without the above-mentioned supporting document will be regarded as incomplete and the applicant will not be able to complete the registration on the database.
- Applicants who are invited for training/competency exercise will be required to submit certified copies of ID, matric certificates, and driver’s license where applicable.
- Documents must have been certified within 6 months before submission.
- Walk-in applications will not be allowed due to COVID.
Stats SA will:
- Verify an applicant’s documents and/or reference checking which will form part of the recruitment process.
- Subject short-listed applicants to a competency test and/or training assessment.
Please note the following:
- Statistics South Africa reserves the right to accept or reject an applicant’s registration.
- Applicants in censuses and surveys will be appointed within their local communities as no transport will be provided.
- An applicant must disclose if he/she is a director/shareholder of a company or conducts any business as a sole proprietor.
- An applicant must disclose if his/her company is doing business with any government institution/municipality.
- An applicant must give consent to Stats SA to utilize his/her personal information for any other recruitment proprietor.
- Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be invited for training through SMSs.
- Enquiries:Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 0800 110 248
The closing date for HR contract database registration is 31 January 2022
How to apply
To apply go to the stats SA Career page.
Apply online for short-term contract employment here: http://www.statssa.gov.za/hr (data-free)
Our call center agents can help you complete your application. Contact them on 0800 110 248(toll-free).
Closing date: 31 January 2022