Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Logistics Controller to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
You will report to the Head of Enterprise Clients:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive operational performance throughout the supply chain and 3 PLs in accordance with agreed KPI’s
- Attain budget targets for costs in accordance with forecast.
- Identify and project manage process improvements
- Conduct root cause analysis on system behaviour and compare to business requirements
- Drive technology improvements in the logistics process through an in-depth knowledge of the current technology and systems
- Building and maintaining sustainable business relationships amongst stakeholders
- Understand client requirements and translate these into technology and process changes.
- Implement operational and system changes where required
- Conduct viability analysis on client requirements and improvement initiatives and drive completion with the assistance of relevant tech teams.
- Manage additional business requirements as needed
- Project management
- Knowledge of P&L basics
- Knowledge of logistics and transport
- Pro-active, takes own initiative
- Adaptable to change
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Very organized and professional at all times
- Attention to detail
- Dynamic & energetic
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- High business acumen
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders on senior levels
- Conceptual thinking
- Learning orientation
- Learning agility & adaptability
- Customer service orientated
- Degree in Logistics, Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related fields
- Strong analytical background
- Experience in a corporate or banking environment
- Account management experience required
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.