takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Payroll Administrator to join our team in Cape Town.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great!
Reporting to the Payroll Practitioner, your responsibilities will include:
- Collecting, calculating and capturing payroll information timeously into the payroll system
- Ensuring that all captured payroll inputs are accurate prior to payroll submission
- Performing Payroll Reporting as and when required
- Resolve payroll discrepancies/queries by collecting and analysing information timeously
- Assisting with coordination of HR information/Communication/training sessions as and when required
- Maintaining accurate payroll and employee records by ensuring that all documentation is filed timeously
- Preparing Letter of Appointments (LOA), Addendums and UIF documentation etc
- Resolving leave queries timeously
- Assisting with HR administration
- Participating in related projects as and when required
- Dealing with all payroll information accurately and ensuring that all such information is dealt with privately and confidentially
- Full understanding of payroll concepts and remuneration principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant, South African legislation (BCEA, UIF, SDA, PAYE, WCA, COIDA)
- Strong Numerical skills & Computer Skills
- Understanding of payroll legislation and processes
- Ability to interpret different earning types to relevant tax legislation applied
- Ability to communicate and interact well at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and Verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and work well in a team
- Customer service focused
- Strong planning and organising skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Grade 12 (mathematics at this level is a requirement)
- Human Resources Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ payroll experience (Sage, VIP, People Soft, Payspace etc)
- Proficient in using MS Excel (V-lookups, pivot tables and graphs)
- Finance experience will be an added advantage
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference