Closing Date: 14 November 2018
Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this opportunity is to allow university students to complete the required P1 and P2 experiential learning required in order to obtain their National Diploma in Mining Engineering.
Providing technical support to managers and engineers in specific designated environments by applying theoretical skills, making suggestions and assist in implementation of optimizing systems under supervision.
Non-permanent performance-based contract.
- Build customer relationships in order to understand their needs
- Standards are met in terms of quality, quantity and due dates
- Provide good quality results when accumulating data, processing data or reporting on data
- Manage own work planning and delivery in accordance with curriculum
- Identify optimization opportunities and assist with the implementation thereof, under supervision
- Develop suitable technical proposals based on practical and theoretical knowledge
- Provide technical support to multi-disciplinary teams in specific environments
- Perform all tasks cost-consciously
- Apply safety principles in the planning and execution of projects
- Attend six-monthly panel reviews to track and adjust performance.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in line with Sasol`s employment equity plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- A completed S4 from a University of Technology in Mining, excluding P1 and P2 (a letter from the University stating the P1 and P2 must be completed, will be required)
- A valid code B or C driver’s license and own transport.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.