Secondary Packaging Sourcing Manager
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The key purpose of this role is to be responsible for the development and execution of the Secondary Packaging Regional Procurement strategies across Africa Zone. You will also be accountable for regional and country sourcing and optimization initiatives including but not limited to VIC and WAPT projects and negotiations. You will be responsible for the VIC performance of Secondary packaging and responsible for the monthly LE and variance reporting– for cartons, labels, films, corrugated board, crowns, consumables, pallets and crates.
The role will collaborate with Supply, Zone Innovation & Technology (ZITEC) and Global Innovation & Technology (GITEC) teams on the development and implementation of value engineering (VE) initiatives, Innovation teams on new production development and Design-to-Value (DTV) initiatives. The role will also be responsible for supporting Africa BU and country procurement managers in the successful execution of security of supply within Zone Africa.
The Secondary Packaging Sourcing Manager will likely be required to travel locally and internationally, as a key requirement of the role entails stakeholder engagements and understanding the operations within each of the African countries.
The role will have support on certain material categories (e.g. Steel, Bulk Paper, Kegs) from the Global Procurement Office and be the Zone Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for these materials.
Key outputs and accountabilities:
Strategic Category Sourcing:
- Definition & execution of category strategies – including category risk and opportunities
- Execute strategic sourcing initiatives with multifunctional teams (Business Units, Regional Procurement Office (RPO), Regional Procurement Shared Services (RPSS) and Global Procurement Office (GPO) and align with internal stakeholders
- Manage supplier relationships, negotiations and internal and external collaborations
- Drive sustainability into strategic sourcing activities and decisions, aligned with AB InBev’s 100+ sustainability goals
- Support innovation agenda for new products and value opportunities
- Lead and develop category and market analysis and trends on commodity
- Execute monthly financial and sourcing tracking and monitoring routines, analysis and actions (including CTRM, WAPT, R&O, and T&M’s)
- Ensure contract compliance and vendor list maintenance
- Review, sign and ensure implementation of negotiated contracts
- Support resolution of supplier-related supply issues
- Develop and execute regional and country procurement initiatives
- Develop and execute regional value engineering (VE) projects in collaboration with Supply
- Execute improvements in payment terms and working capital
- Ensure material supply security, including ratification of demand plans
Analytics & Problem Solving
•Identify opportunities to use analytics to improve visibility on packaging material performance.
•Comfortable working with large data sets with the objective to identify improvement opportunity (or risk).
Sourcing Strategy Execution:
- Ensure readiness across both zone and country for strategy and contract execution
- Support supplier validation, quality and service level management processes
- Collaborate with supplier and internal stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of sourcing outputs and agreements
- University Degree or equivalent (Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Finance)
- Knowledge of Packaging sourcing area is preferred, with professional experience in the same functional domain or other related positions
- Knowledge of Finance including standard costing, budgeting, variance reporting, commodity and FX hedging
- Resilience and agility
- Willingness to work in a high-pressure, dynamic and evolving environment
ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 12 November 2021.