Position: Commercial Agent (Western Cape)
REF: OUTS/BUDE/MC/Commercial Agent (Gauteng South)/Western Cape/141119
AA/EE: Not Applicable
Location: Western Cape
ALSO SEE: OUTsurance – Commercial Agent (Gauteng South)
The Commercial Agent department is a high performing and fast-paced team – and we’re currently looking for high performers to join our ranks. If you are such an individual and you want to get out what you put in, this could be your opportunity to do just that!
- Completed Matric or National Senior Certificate
- 60 FAIS credits/Full Isurance Qualifications 120 FAIS credits (depending on Dofa)
- RE5 (depending on Dofa)
- Must have your own reliable transport
- Valid code B driver’s license
- 3-5 years insurance external sales experience
Our business product offering has grown significantly over the years which has led to the development of the face to face distribution channel. To facilitate this model the positions of Commercial Agents (Face to Face) have emerged.
The key outputs for this role are as follows:
- New Business sales
- Client service and management
- High level performance
- Build your own insurance portfolio by:
- Being able to prospect for new clients through networking, Cold calling and door – door canvasing for new business
- Effective communication with both internal stakeholders and clients.
- Conduct a comprehensive risk evaluation for the client.
- Providing solutions to clients by selling OUTsurance short term products aligned to the needs of the client.
- Drafting, tracking and measurement of your personal business plan.
- Providing on-going service and support to your individual client base (amendments, renewals, claims etc.).
- Communication (verbal and written) in English
- Numerical & mathematical skills
- Team supervisory skills
- Confident and enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team – balances team and individual responsibility, provides and accepts feedback
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills