Req ID 26150 – Posted 18/12/2018 – Discovery Central Services – Gauteng – Sandton – Function (1)
Table of Contents
Discovery – Group Operations
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
The driver is responsible for providing and enforcing safe travel for employees utilizing the employee shuttle and assisting with Deliveries and Collections. The driver is responsible for following all traffic rules and laws and for helping maintain healthy and clean vehicles.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Transporting of personnel to various destinations according to schedules.
- Vehicle maintenance –Daily checking of vehicle tyre pressure and fluids such as oil and petrol; reporting potential mechanical problems to Team Leader
- Deliveries and Collection of membership packs and claims
- Personal Attributes and Skills
- Receive, action and close CA calls
- Use and complete forms and logs
- Excellent time keeping and time management
- Health and Safety participation
NB: The role is not limited to the key outputs mentioned above
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Ability to perform manual labour.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work overtime if/when necessary.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Communication – communicates clearly and professionally.
- Interpersonal skills – relates well to diverse people
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
Education and Experience
- Minimum qualification – Matric
- Valid Code 10 licence with PrDP
- Must have minimum 3 – 5 years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of Johannesburg and surrounding areas to facilitate driver duties.
- Must be computer literate
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.