QA Engineer – Mr D Food
MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented QA Engineer.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Technical Lead of Mr D Food
- QA of all aspects of the Mr D Food systems
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop status reports based on test completion/findings and communicate these to team leaders including any impact on the overall project plan
- Perform all tasks with attention to detail
- Read and comprehend requirements for testing
- Create test plans and test cases per business requirements
- Provide daily & weekly status test reporting to test lead
- Troubleshoot issues experienced during testing
- Understand test case management, creation and execution
- Understanding of UI and back-end testing
- Ability and experience with prioritization of tasks, identification of items requiring escalation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to understand and critique requirements
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to prepare and present reports to a range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to promote cooperation between software, system and QA engineers
- Ability to implement a QA management strategy in line with the overall business requirements
- Diplomacy skills including the ability to withstand pressure
- Minimum 2 years commercial QA experience.
- Knowledge of contemporary software quality assurance processes methodologies and testing tools
- An understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile, scrum)
- Knowledge and experience with scripting/programming languages advantageous.
- Knowledge of testing and quality assurance in Linux, Android, iOS,
- Experience with or exposure to restful API’s and using Postman or similar
Beneficial but not requred:
- Exposure to AWS
- Experience in diagnosing problems from log files or audit logs
- Experience in using Kibana for logging is beneficial.
- Experience in using tools that improve quality practices such as automated testing advantageous.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.