Table of Contents
Travelport Company Location Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to develop yourself further in Administrative operation? if so, then we could be the place for you.
As an Office Administrator at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
When you work at Travelport, you can make a difference to the millions of people who travel around the world. As an office administrator, you’ll be joining a team that’s responsible for providing full administrative support to the Country Manager and Regional Director Africa. The role covers a wide range of executive support.
This role will involve
· Extensive diary management for both internal and external meetings: organise and schedule meetings (in-person and virtual) and include: attendees, event details, etc. whilst ensuring that all logistics are booked and organized (such as meeting rooms, hospitality, supporting documentation) etc.
· Manage the diary efficiently with a balance of meeting allocation and sufficient time for managers to do their work
· Proactively assist with the preparation of the meeting i.e. content, agenda, presentations, pre-readings
· Coordinating, drafting and circulating correspondence and minutes for meetings and ensuring they are appropriate and timely
· Progress chase/follow-up of meetings as required
· Assist to plan and organise the annual calendar for department e.g. staff meetings, events, interactions, key client meetings, special holidays, awards, industry functions, etc
· Organize and arrange all aspects of complex travel itineraries, including meeting schedules/ documentation – flights, accommodation, ground transportation, visas, etc.
· Maintain the electronic and paper filing system and security of documents and records including archiving
· Assisting in responding to requests for information
· Manage the reception and switchboard
· Manage all the cellphone and data accounts with the provider
· Manage personal expenses, review expenses for the first directs, ensuring compliance with corporate policy.
· Responsible for purchasing and management of office stationaries & supplies
· Provide support on ad-hoc projects and co-ordination as required
· Act as a point of contact, and be a good ambassador for the Commercial function
· Deal with incoming post and correspondence as appropriate.
- Provide general Training Admin support includes the following but not limited to:
- Answer telephone queries & walk-in enquiries
- Ensure classroom is kept clean and tidy and refreshments are in place
- Print certificates for all students & bodies required
- Maintain the database of BEE certificates for all the suppliers and ensure data is up to date
- Asisst with the gathering and compiling of the required BEE documentation and reports
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
· Educated to diploma level or equivalent work experience
· Professional relevant qualifications desirable
· Excellent office administration skills, including excellent working knowledge of the following Microsoft packages: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel to an advanced standard
· Professional with a friendly and approachable personality and a willingness to help others
· Energetic and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn the business
· Highly organised
· A good team player and collaborative in approach
· Good at building relationships with internal and external clients
· Good verbal and written English communication skills at all levels required
· High integrity and ability to handle highly confidential material
· Ability to work across all levels of organization, and comfortable with interacting with Senior Executives on a day-to-day basis
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.