Table of Contents
PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: EASTERN CAPE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
POST 21/286: CLIENT INFORMATION CLERK (CALL CENTRE AGENT)
REF NO: ECHEALTH/CLC/EMS-BCM/ARP/165/06/2022
NUMBER OF POSTS: X19 POSTS
SALARY R147 459 – R173 706 per annum (Level 04)
CENTRE: EMS Buffalo City Metro
REQUIREMENTS: National Senior Certificate. Experience in the Emergency Medical Services environment will be an added advantage. Ability to operate a computer both hard and software. Basic knowledge of administration processes. Communication skills (verbal and written). Familiar with polices and principles of information management systems, flexibility, willingness and ability to work under pressure. Computer Literacy and ability to draw data. Responsive person with positive attitude.
DUTIES: Promptly answers all incoming emergency calls, collects pertinent information from the caller, enters the required information into the system. Studies, maintains familiarity with major streets, roads, public buildings, industrial plants, and the general geographic location of cities and landmarks. Ask vital questions to interpret / interrogate, analyze and anticipate the caller’s situation to resolve problems. Provide information, dispatch emergency services, provide pre-arrival instructions or refer callers to other public emergency agencies. Maintain communication with dispatched units and update them on patients’ condition. Maintains and projects a positive professional attitude with the public and other professionals within the medical field, ambulance personnel and others contacted during work. Creates and maintains accurate and well-organized records for documentation and retrieval purposes. Maintains confidentiality of all information. Performs other related duties as assigned by EMS Shift Leader.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Hlulani Tel No: 043 708 1700
Applications directed to the addresses as indicated below or Hand Delivery as indicated below:
- Elliot Hospital – P.O. Box 523. Elliot, 5460 or Hand deliver to Elliot Hospital, Maclear Road, Elliot, 5460. Enquiries: Ms NB Puza – Tel No: 045-9311321.
- Liltha Nursing College (Gqeberha Campus) – Post to: Human Resource Section, Lilitha College of Nursing, Private Bag X0028, Bisho 5605 or Hand Deliver to: Lilitha College of Nursing, Human Resource Office East London Room 41/42.Enquiries: Ms P Mene 043 700 9717/26.
- Frere Tertiary Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Frere Hospital, Private bag X 9047, East London, 5200 or Hand deliver to: Human Resource Office, Frere Hospital, Amalinda Main Road, East London, 5200 Enquiries: Ms N Mthitshana Tel no: 043 709 2487/2532.
- Orsmond TB Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Orsmond TB Hospital, P.O. Box 246, Uitenhage, 6320 or hand delivered to Human Resource Office, 1 John Dissel Drive, Allanridge, Uitenhage. Enquiries: Ms C Bekker Tel: 041-988 1111
- Empilisweni Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Empilisweni Hospital, P/bag X5029, Sterkspruit, 9762 or Hand delivery: HR Office,Empilisweni Hospital, Umlamli Road, Sterkspruit, 9762. Enquiries: Mr S.L Bosholo – Tel no: 051 611 0037.
- Maclear Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Maclear Hospital, PO Box 93, Maclear, 5480 or Hand delivery: HR Office, No 1 Fourie Street, Maclear Hospital. Enquiries: Ms N Zuza Tel no: 045 932 1028.
- Fort England Psychiatric Hospital – Post to: HR Office, Fort England Psychiatric Hospital, Private Bag x1002, Grahamstown, 6140 or hand delivery to: HR Office, Fort England Psychiatric Hospital, York Street, Grahamstown, 6140. Enquiries: Ms S Share Tel no 046 602 2300.
- Aberdeen Hospital – Post to: The Human Resource Office, Aberdeen Hospital, P.O. Box 172, Aberdeen, 6270. Or Hand deliver to: Human Resource Office, Aberdeen Hospital, Aberdeen. Enquiries: Mr S.M. Magxiva Tel: 049 846 0391.
- Midlands Hospital – Post to: The Human Resource Office, Midlands Hospital, P/ Bag X 696, Graaf-Reinet, 6280. or Hand Deliver at: Human Resource Office, Midlands Hospital, Graaf-Reinet. Enquiries: Ms M. Human Tel no 049 807 7739
- Margery Parkes TB Hospital – Post to: The Human Resource Office, Margery Parkes Hospital, P.O. Box 13, Graaff Reinet 6280. Or Hand deliver at: Human Resource Office, Margery Parkes Hospital, Graaf Reinet. Enquiries: Mr MT Buyelo Tel no 049 893 0031.
CLOSING DATE: 27 JUNE 2022
NOTE: Applications must be posted on the new Z83 Form, a comprehensive CV, indicating three reference persons: Name and Contact Numbers, A relationship with reference, Furthermore, Applicants are only required to submit a Z83 form and a comprehensive CV. Communication from the HR of the department regarding the requirements for certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Therefore, only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents (copies of Qualifications, Matric certificate, Identity document, Proof of registration, proof of citizenship if not RSA citizen) on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.