Table of Contents
PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: EASTERN CAPE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
POST 21/324: GENERAL WORKER
REF NO: ECHEALTH/ GW/FREH/ARP/208/06/2022
NUMBER OF POSTS: X23 POSTS
SALARY: R104 073 – R122 592 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE: Buffalo City Metro, Frere Tertiary Hospital
REQUIREMENTS: ABET level 4 or NQF level 1 to 3 with no experience. Poses good communication skills, be able to work shifts including weekends and public holidays. Be able to rotate when required. Honest and reliable. Poses physical strength and to cope with physical demands of the position. Be able to work as a team.
DUTIES: Perform general assistant work: Load and off load furniture, equipment and any other goods to relevant destination. Clean government vehicles. Clean relevant work station. Provide effective office and property care support services Control the access of office accommodation. Safeguard all master and spare keys belonging to the building. Oversee and prepare boardrooms and lecturer theatres for meetings and gatherings. Perform stock taking of areas. Provide routine general work, compliance and maintenance services: Open windows every day for hygiene and infection control purposes. Damp and dry dusting. Empty dustbins in all the designated areas. Remove office items/furniture from one area to another for effective cleaning Report safety and hazardous threats in the cleaning environment. Clean and take proper care of cleaning equipment. Store and safeguard cleaning material and Equipment. Report electrical or mechanical malfunctioning of cleaning machines and other related equipment. Requisition and replenish cleaning material as and when required. Remove and store waste in the designated areas.
ENQUIRIES: Ms N Mthitshana Tel No: 043 709 2487/2532
Applications directed to the addresses as indicated below or Hand Delivery as indicated below:
- Elliot Hospital – P.O. Box 523. Elliot, 5460 or Hand deliver to Elliot Hospital, Maclear Road, Elliot, 5460. Enquiries: Ms NB Puza – Tel No: 045-9311321.
- Liltha Nursing College (Gqeberha Campus) – Post to: Human Resource Section, Lilitha College of Nursing, Private Bag X0028, Bisho 5605 or Hand Deliver to: Lilitha College of Nursing, Human Resource Office East London Room 41/42.Enquiries: Ms P Mene 043 700 9717/26.
- Frere Tertiary Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Frere Hospital, Private bag X 9047, East London, 5200 or Hand deliver to: Human Resource Office, Frere Hospital, Amalinda Main Road, East London, 5200 Enquiries: Ms N Mthitshana Tel no: 043 709 2487/2532.
- Orsmond TB Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Orsmond TB Hospital, P.O. Box 246, Uitenhage, 6320 or hand delivered to Human Resource Office, 1 John Dissel Drive, Allanridge, Uitenhage. Enquiries: Ms C Bekker Tel: 041-988 1111
- Empilisweni Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Empilisweni Hospital, P/bag X5029, Sterkspruit, 9762 or Hand delivery: HR Office,Empilisweni Hospital, Umlamli Road, Sterkspruit, 9762. Enquiries: Mr S.L Bosholo – Tel no: 051 611 0037.
- Maclear Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Office, Maclear Hospital, PO Box 93, Maclear, 5480 or Hand delivery: HR Office, No 1 Fourie Street, Maclear Hospital. Enquiries: Ms N Zuza Tel no: 045 932 1028.
- Fort England Psychiatric Hospital – Post to: HR Office, Fort England Psychiatric Hospital, Private Bag x1002, Grahamstown, 6140 or hand delivery to: HR Office, Fort England Psychiatric Hospital, York Street, Grahamstown, 6140. Enquiries: Ms S Share Tel no 046 602 2300.
- Aberdeen Hospital – Post to: The Human Resource Office, Aberdeen Hospital, P.O. Box 172, Aberdeen, 6270. Or Hand deliver to: Human Resource Office, Aberdeen Hospital, Aberdeen. Enquiries: Mr S.M. Magxiva Tel: 049 846 0391.
- Midlands Hospital – Post to: The Human Resource Office, Midlands Hospital, P/ Bag X 696, Graaf-Reinet, 6280. or Hand Deliver at: Human Resource Office, Midlands Hospital, Graaf-Reinet. Enquiries: Ms M. Human Tel no 049 807 7739
- Margery Parkes TB Hospital – Post to: The Human Resource Office, Margery Parkes Hospital, P.O. Box 13, Graaff Reinet 6280. Or Hand deliver at: Human Resource Office, Margery Parkes Hospital, Graaf Reinet. Enquiries: Mr MT Buyelo Tel no 049 893 0031.
CLOSING DATE: 27 JUNE 2022
NOTE: Applications must be posted on the new Z83 Form, a comprehensive CV, indicating three reference persons: Name and Contact Numbers, A relationship with reference, Furthermore, Applicants are only required to submit a Z83 form and a comprehensive CV. Communication from the HR of the department regarding the requirements for certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Therefore, only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents (copies of Qualifications, Matric certificate, Identity document, Proof of registration, proof of citizenship if not RSA citizen) on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.