Email Marketing Assistant
Takealot a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Email Marketing Assistant to join our team in Cape Town. In this role, you will assist the Email Marketing Manager and Email & CRM Content Producer in curating and sending Takealot’s promotional emails to the customer base as well as assist the greater Marketing Team where necessary.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to CRM Specialist
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the greater Marketing team across functions (Brand & Communications, Retail, Design & Digital) in daily administrative tasks.
- Assisting the Email Marketing Manager and Email & CRM Content Producer with conceptualising, creating and maintaining the Newsletter design briefs.
- Working closely with the Retail and Design teams to ensure newsletters go out on time and accurately reflect products on site.
- Administrative tasks such as but not limited to conducting thorough checks, coordinating approvals, managing unsubscribes and updating subscriber preference changes as required.
- Assisting the Email Marketing Manager with the daily execution of newsletter sends to our base to ensure that all campaigns are timeously and successfully deployed.
- Researching and keeping the team abreast of email and CRM competitor activities, trends and best practices.
- Assisting with various CRM initiatives.
- Adhoc reporting.
- Smart, hard-working, with demonstrable integrity
- A passion for retail and marketing is essential
- Highly organised with strong administrative skills and the ability to multi-task
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to thrive under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A strong working knowledge of Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel is required
- Willing to take direction and able to work independently, demonstrating initiative
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, with very strong interpersonal & communication skills and a proven ability to build productive relationships quickly
- Relevant tertiary education – a degree/diploma in a marketing/business-related field
- 1-2 years or extended internship experience in a Retail / Marketing role is desirable
- takealot employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.