BRANCH SECURITY OFFICER (VREDENDAL) – G4S CASH SOLUTIONS – SOUTH AFRICA
Salary: Market related
Job Type: Permanent & Full-time
Business Unit: South Africa – Cash Solutions
Region / Division: Cash Division
ALSO SEE: G4S: SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Branch Security Officer
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for Branch Security Officer in Vredendal.
The Branch Security Officer would be assisting the Branch Manager by maintaining effective branch security and ensuring that standard security operating procedures are adhered to by all relevant staff.
Main Purpose of Position:
To assist the Branch Manager by maintaining effective branch security and ensuring that standard security operating procedures are adhered to by all relevant staff
Responsible and accountable for effective Branch Security
- Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of the customers area
- Conduct regular branch evaluations minimum requirement once a month
- Conduct regular checks of all security equipment (record in relevant register – daily, weekly and monthly)
- Daily testing of all alarm systems. Conduct full checks once a week on alarm system to ensure that they are in good working condition in conjunction with National Control Centre and alarm monitoring company.
- Complete necessary fault report once received full report from National Control Centre
- Control key holder responsibilities at all times with Tactical Support Officer
- Control effective and efficient Access Control procedures and Property Protection
- Manage the safety procedures of the payouts.
- Conduct site surveys on the premises of new customers, large payroll customers and customers with large cash movements to ascertain the safety of delivery and pick up points and make an assessment of the premises.
- Obtain information of necessary documentation from customers in the result of an incident or cash loss.
- Report after an investigation into all cash losses and where and where cash losses are less than R1000 , submit all relevant details (CCTV Footage and relevant paper work) to the Group Security Department within 24hrs.
- Assist in any investigation within a branch that may deem to be necessary from time to time ie departmental or criminal in nature
- Control the scene and take immediate action for robberies. Do not communicate any information to media.
- Investigate all E-Viper overrides done by TSOs
ALSO SEE: G4S: DRIVER (CASH IN TRANSIT)
Control and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure the fire-fighting equipment is in place at the branch and that this equipment is maintained and serviced to acceptable standards ( at least once a year)
- Control daily checks of Bulk vehicles used for banking and ensure that the daily limits of the vehicle are not exceeded.
- Ensure that all security equipment is serviceable at all times.
Management and Supervision of staff
- Ensure that all staff are trained on standard operating procedure and policies relevant to their role (specific to security equipment and procedures)
- Supervise TSO’s and ensure that all job functions are correctly carried out, report back on findings
- Supervise the overall security of road operations and adherence to all standing orders in respect of operational systems, box drills and defensive procedures (Vehicle loading, Vehicle movement, Operational drills, Banking hall and 3rd men operations, Radio procedures, Emergency procedures)
- Plan effective utilization of armed escorts in conjunction with Branch Manager(When required)
- Assume necessary responsibilities as branch manager in the absence of branch management in line with previous capabilities.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
ALSO SEE: G4S: CREW (CASH IN TRANSIT)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Grade 12
- Drivers License
- PDP License
- PSIRA Grade B and CIT
- Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Security Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Computer literate – ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Strong risk management and investigations skills
- Report writing skills
- Awareness of the market
- Delivering strategy
- Driving change
- Leading People
- Delivering Performance
- Working with Complexity
- Managing Professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating