Table of Contents
Information Security Awareness Administrator
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam Group Technology and Information (GTI) is responsible for Group-wide Technology and Information Governance, Technology Architecture oversight and guidance as well as the Group’s Cyber Security oversight and governance. GTI is also responsible for IT Shared services to businesses in the Group which is provided through three units namely Infrastructure-, Application- and Security shared services. The shared service business model is based on commercial principles and the foundation of the model is a constant drive for consolidation, standardisation, automation and optimisation. As such, GTI has accountability for the design and implementation of agreed IT controls, governance frameworks, policies, standards and solutions to ensure business continuity and minimise information security risks.
The main purpose of the Information Security Awareness administrator is to assist in the raising end-user awareness about cybersecurity and policy requirements. The candidate will be responsible for setting up, rolling out and supporting multiple education, training, and phishing simulation campaigns across the Sanlam group companies. It requires the administration of the centrally hosted training and awareness platform across multiple Clusters as well as liaising with Group companies’ Information Security Officers, Communication departments, and other key stakeholders to ensure local delivery.
- Fulfil the role of campaign administrator and own the successful execution of each campaign
- Involve key stakeholders (IT, Information Security, Human Resources, Learning & Development, Brand & Communication, and Facilities etc.)
- Provide input to and deliver against campaign plans
- Fulfil daily project management activities, including:
- Responding to queries
- Liaising with ISOs and other stakeholders, and preparing for and participating in regular meetings
- Report status updates regarding live campaigns:
- Maintain relevant Information Security Awareness process documentation and guidelines.
- Manage Communications Plan
- Identify best practices for communication vehicles (depending on vehicles in place and
- communications department limitations)
- Ensure quality control on all materials. Materials may include training videos, posters,
- mailers, Intranet banners, articles, pop up images etc.
- Liaise with Brand and Marketing departments across multiple group companies for copy and brand approval
- Identify additional communication vehicles to support the efficacy of campaign
- Manage and Administer Platform
- Project management of technical installation components when setting up the learning
- management platform (knowBe4) for new businesses in the Sanlam Group. This includes:
- Ensure necessary whitelisting on email and firewall gateways get done
- Obtain authority for domains in scope
- Collect, upload and maintain user lists
- Configure phishing simulation campaigns and training
- Follow process flows for internal approvals, tests and roll-out
- Run phishing simulations frequently across multiple divisions and aligned to the Sanlam governance process (obtain authority for templates)
- Arrange console walkthrough and training
- Ensure GTI’s success expectations are met
- Identify areas for improvement & new services
- 3 to 5 years related experience (Administration, Project Management or Information Security)
- An accredited professional qualification in Information Security will be an advantage
- Project Planning
- Resource Planning
- Reporting and administration
- Quality, compliance, and accreditation
- Business process
- Effective communication skills
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.