Takealot – Admin Assistant 2020
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a self-motivated individual with administrative experience and high attention to detail to support our Catalogue department in building our product catalogue as a world-class e-commerce site. You need to be passionate about generating high-quality work, and, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who always looks for solutions to do something better and faster.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating a communication bridge between yourself and the supplier.
- Aligning with the Retail team and DC’s confirming collection by the suppliers.
- Following up with the Suppliers with collections and reasons for missed collections.
- Reviewing data for gaps or errors and resolving or escalating issues to resolve
- Keeping track of the aging stock in the warehouse involving RFC stock.
- High-lighting solutions for issues preventing suppliers collecting RFC stock.
- Communicate with Suppliers by means of email and phone
- Communicate with Retail, Suppliers, and Warehouse teams.
- Attention to detail and high standards of quality
- Strong excel skills (including lookup’s, tables)
- Solutions-oriented, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational & prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent team player
- 2 years administrative/operational experience
- Competency in all MS Office packages, very strong excel skills (including lookups), internet search
- Ability to learn internal data capturing and warehouse management systems
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind, so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.