Twinsaver is looking for a Credit Controller:
The Credit Controller is responsible for ensuring that sales to credit worthy customers continue without interruption by achieving timeous payments of all amounts due, collection of debt as well as the management of customer accounts and relationships. The credit controller has a responsibility to ensure the relationship with the customer is managed in a professional manner, and will be required to have close interaction with the business managers to resolve all queries timeously and efficiently.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish a good relationship with the customers. Be sensitive in respect of the business priorities. (Internal and External).
- Ensure claims are cleared timeously (preferably one month after being raised)
- Maintain an open item debtors’ sub-ledger.
- Ensure that debts are collected and banked on time as per trading terms
- Ensure that cash allocated timeously and allocated accurate and balanced.
- Ensure claims are adequately researched and documentation drawn prior to authorization.
- Follow up on sales or distribution to ensure that claims are timeously cleared.
- Monthly Debtors Reconciliation;
- Ensure that credit note processing clerk has appropriate and accurate documentation on time.
- Calculate claims prior to submission for authorization by the Key Account Managers Submit outstanding claims listing (Trade Agreements) monthly
- Submit invoices and Pods for payment that is past due date.
- Releasing of orders.
- Matric or relevant qualification including accounting and related subjects.
- Credit Management Level 3 Accredited. (ICM) advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in FMCG chain store experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Dischem, Pnp, Shoprite, Massmart, Pharmacies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excel and Word Basic
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external contacts
- Valid Driver’s License
- A good understanding of the financial impact of transactions on the business and its customers.
- Numerical ability.
- The ability to handle 450 to 550 active debtor accounts according to the prescribed requirements.
- Must have a good understanding of accountancy
- Team Player
- Works well under pressure
- Hard working and highly motivated
- Credit Control
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Credit Management
- APPLY NOW