a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly curious BI Developer to join our team in Cape Town.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity, to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you’re prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and testing QlikView models to provide the business with relevant data imported from multiple sources
- Ensuring that the QlikView applications and server processes continue to run and operate in the most efficient manner
- Interacting frequently with business stakeholders to gather requirements for new development projects and translating these into solutions
- Provide operational support, bug fixes, and performance enhancements as part of providing support to QlikView applications and users
- Extracting, validating and analysing data to answer strategic and operational questions posed by the business
- Automating data extraction and report update processes
- Data validation and integrity testing
- Data cleansing and data modelling
- Optimisation of data models
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality work, in a fast-paced environment
- Focused on getting the job done, but have fun doing so
- Taking Ownership and displaying Accountability in the work required of you
- Have an interest in e-commerce, building a brand and business
- Customer obsession
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics field required
- If your education does not include formal computer programming, then some form of programming experience is essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using a BI reporting tool (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Microsoft BI etc.)
- Experience using QlikView is advantageous
- Minimum 2 years SQL experience
- High proficiency in working with large data sets and business models
- Retail or e-commerce industry experience beneficial
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.