takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC Champion – Putaway to join our team in Johannesburg Warehouse.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Inbound Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support the goals of the business
- Implement improvement processes and maintain procedures and systems to minimise costs and maximise working capital
- Ensuring all work areas are clean and tidy and safe for staff to work in
- Evaluate daily operational reports to ensure key critical areas of the department are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Ensure that all processes are completed on the same day. Daily planning with line Managers
- Oversee the DC Assistants and motivate attention to detail, for constant accuracy and turn-around times.
- Assist with managing outputs within the department. Maintaining quality and quantity of work.
- Assist to maintain FIFO of tasks within the department.
- Ensure escalated daily operational queries from team are resolved timeously
- Have a detailed understanding of warehouse management systems
- Problem solving skills required
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Must be able to train staff
- Matric or equal qualification
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Have proven relevant experience in Picking, Packing, Receiving, Supplier Collects and Inventory (in applicable departments within the DC)
- 4-5 years warehouse experience
- 2 years supervisory experience/exposure
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.