Table of Contents
FNB Database Administrator D – IRC173770
Helpful Effective Ethical Innovative Accountable and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
To manage the installation configuration upgrade, administration, monitoring, maintenance, production support and developer support of database environments
experience and qualifications
- Relevant Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 2 Years related experience.
There are no additional requirements associated with this vacancy.
- Drive business profitability in the context of cost management through Information technology solutions through database performance and recoveries.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions for Database Performance.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members to ensure optimum database performance.
- Support Database Performance monitoring and tuning to ensure database availability at all times.
- Provide support to Specialist who work directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage that will result in optimum data performance.
- Support with the development and implementation of database backup and recovery and support with the maintenance of the database backup and recovery strategic plan and activities.
- Monitor changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices. Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions. Ensure compliance with audit requirements.
- Design and Manage Database Environment through administration support in design and creating relational databases.
- Support with the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, security and maintenance of complex multi database environments.
- Administration support with DBMS Release Migration by providing administrative support to monitor and manage migration of DBMS Releases.
- Support with best practice and innovation analysis and research of database model and architecture through supporting with the critical assessment of the database workings and challenge to the design assumptions.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies.
at 2 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in FNB Service Provider Technology
APPLY FOR | Sales Operations Team Leader – IRC173766