takealot, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Systems Administrator to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard working people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute;
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume;
- Competitive. Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only in business hours…..
- Curious. Always questioning the status quo;
- Not averse to risk;
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- Self directed, taking action based on own initiative;
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective;
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
Are you an Extraordinary Mind if so come and join us!
You need to be strong in both root cause analysis and driving to action – in other words, you need to be a thinker and a doer, and doing doesn’t happen only during work hours….. You need to be passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience. And, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster. You will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot. In short, we need you to think like an owner of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project or operational requirements.
- Server and systems maintenance with experience in the following areas
- Citrix Xen
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- DNS / DHCP / Squid (Proxy) on Linux
- Dell Servers
- IaaS (AWS, Google)
- Network installation, support and maintenance using Cisco technology.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches for administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide support per request from various functional areas. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinate and manage vendor tasks and deliverables
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Demonstrates a passion for optimal systems and simple procedures.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to make informed decisions
- Ability to disaggregate and structure solutions to ambiguous problems
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external people
- Capability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
- Bachelor Degree with a technical major (i.e. Engineering or Computer Science)
- Industry certifications preferred (i.e. LPI, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, N+)
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP and network communications
- Functional knowledge of web-based ecommerce technologies
- Knowledge and experience with MySQL advantageous
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of careerposts.co.za being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.